Integrative medicine is a philosophy of healthcare which combines the best of conventional western medicine and evidence-based complementary medicine and therapies within a mainstream medical practice. It is a holistic approach which takes into account the physical, psychological, social and spiritual wellbeing of the person with the aim of using the most appropriate, safe and evidence-based treatments available.
Many of our patients come to Northside Health with chronic and difficult to treat conditions that have remained unresolved for a number of years. Northside Health specialises in using a team based approach to managing and resolving chronic and complex conditions.
An initial integrative medicine consultation at Northside Health takes between 30-60 minutes.
An initial assessment involves:
- Assessment by one of our nursing staff, before having a comprehensive consultation with your integrative doctor.
- During this assessment, we will ask questions about the history of your health including current symptoms, previous and current treatment, your diet, lifestyle, and toxin exposure.
- Targeted testing will be performed as required to provide a complete picture of your health and begin creating a comprehensive treatment plan.
- We will then provide you with an individual treatment plan which may incorporate supplements, medications, diet modification and lifestyle changes.
- You will be well supported through each phase of your recovery journey.
Currently Dr Alexander Joannou, Dr Rosie Ross AND Dr Lisa Harris practice integrative medicine. For more information on their experience and areas of specialisation please visit our doctors information pages found via the staff page.