A chronic medical condition is one that has been (or is likely to be) present for six months or longer. Some examples include asthma, cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, diabetes and arthritis.
Our team of GPs and nurses will work together with you to effectively manage your chronic condition by creating a comprehensive and individualised care plan. An individualised care plan will:
- Identify your health and care needs
- Sets out the services to be provided by your GP
- Lists the actions you can take to help manage your conditions
- Frequent reviews where you and your GP check that your goals are being met and agree on any changes that might be needed.
- May make you eligible for medicare rebateable referral to allied health services, for example, podiatry or physiotherapy.
Northside Health has an excellent referral network of Allied Health Professionals and Specialists to support you with chronic disease management.