Acupuncture is a treatment method which originated in China around 200 BCE – 200 CE.
Fine, sterile needles (or laser light) are placed into specific acupuncture points along the body’s meridian lines to clear energy blockages and encourage the normal the flow of qi (life energy) through the body.
Acupuncture is appropriate for people of all ages including infants and young children.
Dr Alexander Joannou attained a Graduate Certificate in Medical Acupuncture at Monash University in 2000 and in 2010 undertook advanced acupuncture training under Dr Mikio Sankey (USA).
The World Health Organisation recognises evidence that acupuncture successfully treats:
- Respiratory conditions – bronchial asthma, bronchitis, acute tonsillitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, common cold
- Eye conditions – conjunctivitis, simple cataracts, myopia in children, central retinitis
- Musculoskeletal disorders – Osteoarthritis, sciatica, low back pain, ‘frozen shoulder’ and ‘tennis elbow’
- Digestive system disorders – toothache, post-extraction pain, gingivitis, hiccough, spasms of the oesophagus, duodenal ulcers, gastric hyperacidity, gastritis, paralytic ileus, colitis, diarrhoea, constipation
- Neurological conditions – headaches, migraines, stroke, neuralgia, some forms of paralysis, peripheral neuropathy, Meniere’s disease.
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Urogenital disorders – nocturnal enuresis, neurogenic bladder dysfunction
- Gynaecological and obstetric disorders
- Skin Conditions
- Sporting injuries
- …and over 100 diseases showing symptom improvement
“The power of acupuncture is to harmonize and strengthen the body systems before a disease stage, but the power of esoteric acupuncture is to work with consciousness and strengthen the centre which consists of the various levels of your heart”
– Dr Mikio Sankey
Dr Mikio Sankey has developed Transformational Acupuncture to help a large variety of problems, including mental health issues; and various chronic pain problems such as migraines and headaches, arthritis, back pain, shoulder pain, knee pain; as well as imbalances in the autonomic nervous system, like asthma and irritable bowel syndrome.